The Sugar and Spice Festival aims to change the belief that people raised in traditional societies are unable to express themselves when it comes to sex – what are their preferences and attitudes. Perhaps it is their conservative upbringing or the fact that sex has often been a taboo topic not to be spoken at home. We endeavour to impart positive messages and learning around sex, sexuality and sexual wellness. We want to empower participants to listen, learn and find wellness.
Throughout this festival we will work to change the mindsets of the participants, freeing them from any cultural norms that have resulted in low sexual self-esteem and a fear of enjoying the pleasures of sex. We strive to fill the gaps on the lack of sexual education and positive role models when it comes to sexuality.
The online nature of our Festival let participants from all over the world to connect with others who may have similar upbringing. To ensure that sessions are dynamic and interactive, speakers and facilitators are all experts in their field. This Festival programme includes a range of talks, workshops, guided meditations, dances, breathwork and yoga.
Come join us and embark on a new learning journey!
HOW IT WORKS
People who purchased the tickets will be invited to join a closed FB group – where you will get the Zoom link to attend sessions LIVE, or choose to access the recordings for up to 30 days!
Sessions (By Category)
1) Consent and Sexuality (Anupama Garg, India)
2) Sexual Dsyfunctions (Dr Anita Hukumchand, USA)
3) Gooey Stuff & The Deadliest Catch – STI/ Sexual Health (Dr Rachel Wotton, Malaysia)
4) Sexuality in the Stars (Janet Chui, Singapore)
5) Sexual Polarity (Lionel Koh, Singapore)
6) Managing In-Laws Issues in Relationships (YY Wei, USA)
7) Enhance Your Sexual Relationship (Andrea Koh, Malaysia)
8) Coming out to your Parents (Alvin Lim, Singapore)
9) Free-form Dance (Oliver Damian, Australia)
10) To Tease and To Please (Lucky Rapscallion, USA)
11) Sexy Foods & Sensual Aphrodisiacs (Luke Elijah Lim, Singapore)
12) Using The Five Senses in Erotica Writing (Kat Astrid, Philippines)
13) Introduction to Bondage (Joyen, Philippines)
14) Q&A while wearing Drag Make Up (Nitish Anand, India)
15) Sexual Aids/ Toys (Panelists: Say Tioco, Philippines; Dr. Martha Tara Lee, Singapore. Resource Person: AJ, Philippines)
16) Sex, Dating and Hook Ups (Moderator: Si Ying, Singapore. Panelists: Janice Leong, Singapore; Samuel, Singapore; Jasmine King, Malaysia)
17) Thriving after Marital Trauma (Panelists: Carol Gockel, Singapore; Karen Foo, Thailand)
18) Sex, Money and Spirit (Moderator: Lim Seow Yuin, Singapore. Panelists: Genecia Alluora, Singapore; Varin Gill, Malaysia; Shin Fun Chan, Malaysia)
19) Sexuality, Illness and Disability (Panelists: Theresa Goh, Singapore; Fiona Tan, Singapore)
20) GLBT panel (ILGA Asia)
21) BDSM panel (Panelists: Dani Elle, Philippines; Hendrika, Australia)
22) Indian Sexuality & Advoacy Panel – Niyati Sharma (Prathasanti), Sanjoy Sachdev (Love Commandos), Pallavi Barnwal (Red Womb)